Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Welcome!

(Keep in mind I started writing this a week ago, and then finished it up today, so things might not be the most coherent.)


So here's the progress report:

My dear friend Valerie talked me into fueling her addiction on Friday the 13th and I got to knock out my first real resolution. I went to a Macy's.
Like I said in my original resolution list, this was kind of a silly one. We actually did some real shopping (two pairs of jeans, what what!). Then we went to the old lady section. Up until that point it was pretty much the same as shopping anywhere else. I'm glad Val was the one who went with me, since she was always close to Mawmaw. I shared a few stories about my grandma and her shopping habits, I even found a shirt that I'm pretty sure she used to have.
It was good reminiscing about my grandma, while doing something we used to do together so often.

I'm still taking classes at SIUE.
I'm signed up for eight credit hours, and I think I have a very good chance of completing eight credit hours, but that could just be the beginning of the semester lying-haze floating about my brain. My classes are Computer Science 240 and Calculus 2. I am actually writing this from campus, waiting for my next class to start in 45 minutes.

Sunday (the 8th probably) I had the morning off, so I decided to make good on one of my resolutions and got my butt ready and headed to good ole All Saints Church and did me some worshippin'. Check.

My January book was George R. R. Martin's Clash of Kings, which is sort of a cop out, since I was about halfway done with it when January started. I have yet to start my next book, which just so happens to be the next in the series A Storm of Swords. I borrowed these books from my boss, Dewalin, and he has been giving me a lot of grief about how long it has taken me to read each one. I politely told him to deal with himself. Anyway, check.

I got paid the 15th and tucked a bit of that away into my savings account. Check.

You'll also notice I have three pictures in this post, I think that's already more than I did all last year, so that's off to a good start, too. Sort of. I've been reading my college roommate Brennan's blog and recently she's been posting photos she has taken with a disposable camera. I really like this idea. So many pictures (or rather picture taking experiences) are ruined these days because you have to take the same thing 8,000 times because one person is blinking. With a disposable camera you eliminate this, if someone is blinking you don't find out until you get it developed and that person just has to deal with themselves. Though, doing this, the pictures probably will never make it to the internet. I'm thinking of trying to go through one disposable camera a month, getting the pictures developed immediately, and putting them in an album or scrapbook if not on the internet. I'll let you know what I decide on this.

I've started looking at skydiving. Dewalin and my friend Deric have both agreed to do it with me, and I talked to Evan today and she said she might. There's a company in St. Louis that has it for $190 that I found online. But I wanted to talk to Dewalin about it, since he's gone before and find out where he went, whom it was through, and how much it cost.

Until next time.
-Shano

1 comment:

  1. OH my gosh Yes skydiving sounds so crazy...my parents were gifted it this year...hah they're 50. we'll see how they do.

    i'm so excited your going to start playing with disposables! they are a blast!

    i love & miss you!

    ReplyDelete