Monday, June 11, 2012

A Poem for Asparagus

When I was in high school I used to write these silly little poems. I would make insulting ones about my friends, or ridiculously gushy ones to inanimate objects. Seeing as it's already 2am and I'm starting to feel tired, I thought one of these would be a nice little exercise. Since I ate asparagus two different times today, and I couldn't come up with much else, I thought it would be excellent subject matter. So without further ado, the aptly named "A Poem For Asparagus":


Dearest Dearest Asparagus
Smothered in butter with Parmesan cheese
You fill me with wonder lust
And make it smell when I pee
I could eat you always
You taste oh so great
But that odor sways
Me into a hate
But it does not end there
For there is love, too
I will sit in my chair
And eat all of you
Then I shall ask for seconds
Perhaps even thirds
Until something else beckons
I’ll eat, with no words.
I’ll sit and I’ll chew
I’ll chew and I’ll sit
Leftover, will be few
No chance that I’ll spit
I’ll eat you for lunch
And eat you for dinner
Cooked right, you’ve got a punch
You’re really a winner
This poems getting silly
It’s quite out of hand
It’s gotten willy-nilly
I’m taking a stand
I love you Asparagus
I hate you some, too
Why do I keep trying to rhyme Asparagus?
I’m getting on ModCloth and looking for shoes

-Shannon

1 comment:

  1. May I share this on my healthy eating blog? I was going to write an Ode to Asparagus, but yours is great! my blog is sexsoupandtwofistedeating.com.

    ReplyDelete